CCHP is seeking an on-call Play Teacher to supervise and to engage groups of children (Aged 0-11 years old) in age appropriate activities while parents attend medical/ counseling appointments and parenting classes. This position offers an opportunity for gaining skills and experience in early childhood education and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning age-appropriate activities and coordinating plans with head play teacher and staff
- Engaging children in play that is enjoyable with minimum stress
- Functioning as a child's first teacher outside the home
- Helping shape future social and emotional development.
- Applicant should be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate school program.
- Applicant should have experience working with young children 0-11 years of age.
- Must have the following availability: Mon: 9am - 5pm, Tues: 9am - 1pm, occasional Wed evening: 5pm - 8pm, Thurs: 9am - 1pm.
Applicant should have an understanding of child development issues, be creative, flexible, dependable, and must enjoy very young children.
- Great opportunity for education, psychology, and sociology majors.
- Please do not apply if you do not meet these requirements.
Please do not apply if you do not meet these requirements.