CCHP is seeking a Play Teacher to supervise and to engage groups of children (Aged 0-11 years old) in age appropriate activities while parents attend medical/ counseling appointments and parenting classes. This position offers an opportunity for gaining skills and experience in early childhood education and development.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning age-appropriate activities and coordinating plans with head play teacher and staff
- Engaging children in play that is enjoyable with minimum stress
- Functioning as a child's first teacher outside the home
- Helping shape future social and emotional development.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Applicant should be enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate school program.
- Experience working with young children 0-11 years of age.
- Must have the following availability: Mon: 9am - 5pm, Thurs: 9am - 1pm. There may also be some occasional evening hours on Tuesday or Wednesday.
Applicant should have an understanding of child development issues, be creative, flexible, dependable, and must enjoy very young children.