CCHP is looking for a Medical Biller/Coder to join our team.
- Processing superbills and claims in electronic medical records system.
- Ensuring all Provider notes have the appropriate documentation and accurate coding(ICD10, CPT, HPCS) before signing superbill.
- Capturing procedures, services rendered and time spent for every note.
- Applying all coding rules and use of CPT and ICD codes and appropriate use of modifiers.
- Composing and signing off on a minimum number of superbills per day as determined by supervisor.
- Post payments when necessary.
- Direct notes that need to be completed, adjusted, and/or corrected to supervisors for revision.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor and/or site administrator.
- High School Diploma or GED, Associate's or Bachelor’s Degree desirable
- Two years of medical coding/ billing experience preferred
- A strong attention to detail, possess good communication, and computer skills
- Knowledge of medical coding in accordance with ICD-10-CM and CPT/HCPCS classification coding system as well as medical terminology
- Familiar with MS-DRG and APC reimbursement systems, Certified Coding Specialist (CCS) or Certified Coding Specialist-Physician (CCS-P) CPC from AAPC, or other specialty certification desirable.
- Experience billing for an OASAS outpatient drug treatment center preferred.